The original King Edward school at this site dates from 1766, while the main part of the present building was erected in 1811. The school is set close to the A947 Banff to Turriff road on one side and looks out over rolling farmland on the other. This makes the school lie in the Formartine District, Aberdeenshire North area.
King Edward is a non-denominational primary School with a present roll of 24 pupils from P1 to P7. King Edward is a commended Health Promoting School and has been awarded four Eco School Green Flags.
The main teaching area consists of three classrooms linked by a connecting corridor. The middle room serves as a library/GP room/staffroom. The toilet and office facilities are also within the main building, while the canteen and hall are housed separately. The playground comprises of a large tarmac play area with wooden play equipment, a sports field and an outdoor classroom, surrounded and sheltered by mature trees and hedges.